Paul I. Perkins, Esq. is Of Counsel to Kim & Bae, P.C., and works within the Commercial Litigation department. Previously Mr. Perkins was the General Counsel of Spirit Distribution and Delivery, Inc. and A. J. Seabra Supermarkets, Inc. and the managing partner of Perkins & Associates, P.C. d/b/a Perkins Law Offices. A substantial part of Mr. Perkins’ practice centers around partnership, commercial, and real estate/construction litigation. He is also actively involved in advising clients with regard to real estate investing, corporate and real estate leasing transactions. Mr. Perkins represents a variety of clientele from small business owners and individuals to large corporations doing business internationally. Mr. Perkins has taken a lead in litigating the following cases:
• Recently prevailed in trial in multimillion-dollar land purchase and sale – successfully argued that a Seller had breached a contract and then damages were obtained at trial.
• Acted as co-lead counsel with many leading large law firms in a national class action case against yellowpages.com litigating on behalf of consumers that had been defrauded.
• Successfully argued and won a motion for reconsideration wherein a Judge reversed himself on a commercial eviction thereby securing the commercial tenant’s lease.
• Recovered against a national company money owed on a valuable contract by a large telecommunications vendor against a multi-state corporation.
• Won Summary Judgment against large debtor/creditor firm for regional developer.
• Effectively defended two developers on Summary Judgment against a bank represented by one of New Jersey’s largest law firms in an action that started in the trial court and then went to the Appellate Division.
• Obtained a large settlement against an insurance company that refused to cover an insured under its policy because of water damage the insurance company claimed was not covered under the client’s policy.
Mr. Perkins is admitted to the Bars in the States of New Jersey and New York and the federal districts of New Jersey, as well as the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York. Mr. Perkins received his law degree from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law where he was the Coordinating Editor of the Public Law, Policy, and Ethics Journal. While at Cardozo, he was a member of the securities committee of the New York County Lawyers Association.
• B.M. in Vocal Performance from New England Conservatory of Music
• J.D. from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
• New York (State and Federal Court of the Eastern and Southern Districts)
• New Jersey (State and the Federal Court of New Jersey)